Bad Blogger
Hi, Hi, I know, I'm a bad blogger. You see, my current job ends on Thursday and so I've spent the last few weeks scrambling around in my free time trying to find a new one (because we all know how much Serbwife hates not working - almost as much as she hates cold feet). I found one, but the new boss is very anxious that I start so now I'm pretty much working two jobs. I am actually spending the rest of the day doing research and writing a memo.I promise to blog again soon - maybe over the Christmas holiday - and give you all more details, but for now, I've got to impress the new boss, so it's time to dive into the memo! Fun Saturday, no?

12 Comments:
not bad..
what kind of job you do?
cheers!
i.
Good luck,
Chin up...keep your good spirits. Life's an adventure, and it should be regarded as one.
Best,
M
Congratulations on the new job! I also worked on saturday. But sunday should be just for you. No work, just fun:)
its snowing all day long like crazy in BG!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so great so cool!! beautiful..now the city is gorgeous with all whites covering it.
Brooke--Merry Christmas and New 2007! BG girl
Merry Christmas Aunt Brooke!
I can't wait to see you soon.
Thank you for the great outfit you gave me for Christmas. I'm going to look cool in it.
See you soon!
Love,
Rusty Jr.
Ok I've been in Belgrade now for a few days and what is up with the staring? Everywhere I go people stare at me. WTF? Did you find the same thing happened to you? I've tried saying hello in English and Serbian. I've tried smiling, just staring back but nothing. And what's with the women working in the grocery stores? Would it kill them to be slightly friendly?
Anthony, or chill, dont get so much into it since serbs dont care either..or here is solution for u: go home!!!
Anthony, don't mind the haters that comment on my blog, I can assure you that the people you will meet in Serbia will be much nicer than that. In terms of staring, there is a bit more of it here than back home but I don't think anyone means anything by it. Remember, Serbia was closed to foriegners to many years, so it's still kind of a novelty to see a foreigner - I try to be patient and think of it like I'm a movie star or something that everyone stares at out of curiosity rather than malice.
You're absolutely right about the ladies working in grocery stores, not an ounce of customer service in their bodies....you will actually find that a lot here. I don't know if it's the low wages or remnants from the communist culture, but customer service just doesn't seem to be important.
oh brooke come on! dont be so modest, you had a time of your life here in serbia!! we will miss you so much...and much much more than you think or deserve. cheers!
I don't think sending tourists home is the best solution for this city, a quick walk around shows many signs that this city could use tourists dollars.
I wasn't upset or anything about the starting I was just surprised as I didn't think I stood out that much. It's not like I'm walking around with my fanny pack, map of Belgrade and camera slung around my neck.
I went to that Japanese restaurant the other day and met a couple from Atlanta, he's Serb, she's from the US. It was fun to talk to her about our similar experiences.
It was fun talking to the owner of Dju Dju, he's from the same Japanese island I grew up in. Small world eh?!
anthony, u re ridicilous!! hahaha first, you dont know anything about serbia nor if we need your stinky money..the solution for this city is for people like you to fly away. just get that please or try to adopt to serbia a bit better and not so much complaints and boring comments from the very begining. if you look on the positive side, your time will be much betterhere but i guess you already started on a wrong note..ccc
ps. i dont know how Belgrade nor Serbs never have these kind of commenting or to complain all the time from any other Europeans ..such as French or Germans who come here and really enjoy serbs but it is always Americans, then random Canadians who are actual immigrants from who knows where..???
Cheers to all others! and Brooke, please dont think I am a hater just because I am realistic. Peace.
Post a Comment
<< Home