Calling all Americans
My fellow Americans, I would like to have a little chat (the rest of you can just listen). I probably don't need to remind you that election day is three days away because I know you're being bombarded by commericals and mailers. But even if you can't take another negative ad, you can not let yourself grow apathetic - cause then the terrorists will win. ;-)Seriously though, I know you didn't ask for my two cents but I say enough is enough! It's time to rid ourselves of this selfish Republican majority that is ruining America. We have to take back the Congress for our own sake, for our children's sake and for the sake of our demolished reputation around the world. We have to put a stop to this nonesense.
Since Bush was first elected, America's been in a downward spiral (the deficit skyrocketing while the rich get tax cuts, the poor scraping by on a measley minimum wage while millionaries don't have to pay for their capital gains, compassionate conservatism that only counts if you're white, Christian, upper-middle class, straight, married and have 2.3 children, a "culture of life" that values what's growing in a petri dish more than the thousands suffering from debilitating diseases, leadership that preaches about supporting our troops and then cuts veteran's benefits, failing pension plans, etc., etc....), but I can not even begin to describe how the rest of the world despise and derides us. Even our friends are shaking their heads in awe at what a bunch of arrogant jerks we have become when it comes to foreign policy. And it becomes extremely tiresome to have to reassure every new person I meet that I am not one of "those" Americans who voted for George Bush (I voted against him twice), and then to have to try and explain how so many of my fellow countrymen fell for his lies!
I just spent $35 to FedEx my absentee ballot back to the US to make sure that my vote counts, so you really have no excuse. I don't care if it's raining, snowing, freezing and you have the flu, you have to get your butt to the polls on Tuesday and vote. Please, for my sake, your sake and the sake of future generations, go to the polls and vote and let's restore a little accountability and transparency to our government.
Vote November 7, 2006!!!!

17 Comments:
I like p.Bush. ~serb
Cheers Brooke!
Amen,
Milica
You say it "like it is"!
FYI, a recent poll taken by Ottawa-based EKOS Research revealed that respondents in Canada and Mexico (the other Americas) and Britain believe that Osama bin Laden poses the gravest danger to the world, followed by Kim Jong Il and G.W. Bush. G.W. shouldn't be disheartened by this ranking. He still beat out the president of Iran and Hezbollah's leader.
Hopefully after Tuesday's election, we will get the government we need and deserve. -atk
Hey Brooke, I know you were complaining that BG doesnt have decent hotels--here is one, a new and nice, very nice--HOTEL ADMIRAL CLUB, djure djakovica 31, Dorcol, BG. It has been an old pre war villa, and still looks really pretty but inside it is fancy, modern and perfect for foreigners. byeee
The only problem with voting the Republicans out of office is that it leaves us with the Democrats. Not much of a choice and some might well believe that the Democrats have an equally blood thirsty history and they have an awful lot to answer for and to apologize for -- although the false, self-congratulatory, politically correct bigheads never will do that.
If we had a true democracy in the U.S., we would have a third option: none of the above. That would be my vote.
"...and then to have to try and explain how so many of my fellow countrymen fell for his lies!"
A great many of our fellow countrymen also fell for Clinton's lies. Who's lies should we fall for this time?
As usual - you are right on.
I early voted this year because I have heard that in Pine Bluff there are always problems on voting day.
Hopefully americans will get off their butts and send a message that the little Fuhrer is through controlling america.
Good Luck for coming elections, but I saw many confuse ideas in the democrat field.
Better anyway than gwb...
I say I should be given a vote in US elections, seeing as US policy affects my life almost as much as it does yours.
OK, I'm joking, but I hope you get my point. Your elections affect pretty much the whole world.
I have never figured out why there are only two relevant political parties in US. Political reality and options can't and shouldn't be so "black or white", good or bad. Maybe that's why there's so little compromise and political agrements in modern America.
"Either you are with us, or against us"
Hey, no one EVER said that America was perfect, or either political party was perfect, but the Dems are certainly better than the Republicans.
And I'll do a whole blog on this later, but I certainly agree that having just two parties makes the choices too black and white sometimes, but I don't think having over a dozen relevant parties (like in Serbia) is much better since they spend all their time trying to appease someone in their coalition.
Well now that they messed up everything in Irak, they want to leave, because their own people are dying. Great. Am I wrong or did the majority of Americans supported Bush's ideas just a few years/months ago?! But then it got too bloody... The democrats are winning for the wrong reasons.
I agree with a lot of the (smart IMO) commentary coming from US observers.
The Democrats are winning this through unpopularity of Bush / Iraq etc. However, their support has barely increased throughout the country.
ie the mandate that Democrats will get will be due to further feelings of disenfranchisment in the US generally rather than a rise in support for democrats.
The democrats should try to redress this problem - although why bother if you are profitting from the situation?
A choice between a 2 party system and one with dozens isnt much of a choice at all!
Still, I suppose a democratic party government is preferable to a Bush one. Although democratic foreign policy on Serbia hasnt got the best record.
milos I agree,
we need another political party.
Unfortunately, libretarians are not very strong...but look at the UK, or any other european country --it mostly comes down to two political contenders (Germany is an exception, but their systems very, very confusing)...
Thanks Brooke, it worked :)
Not that I expect much to change anytime soon - the damage was done in just a few years, fixing it necessarily takes at least twice as long. Still, the general air here in the US has changed somewhat. The media (mostly NPR - can't stand the rest, but I've already blogged that theme to death) aren't so predominantly right-wingnut anymore... just dominantly. Which is a whiff of fresh air.
It's sad to come across so many Americans who cry GWB sucks but hey "I didn't vote for him"
We in South Africa had to endure the world's scorn for many decades under our 'aparheid' regime. Regardless of our personal political beliefs we were all tarred with the same "racist South African" brush.
Don't let the same happen to you.
For living in a place that harbors the two worst war criminals since Hitler, for a place that you say is short on virtually any NORMAL amenity or comfort, for a place where taxes are high/exchange rate completely out of kilter, for a place that offers very little to an entrepreneur compared to the USA, for a place that still doesn't understand democracy (fully), and for a place where the leadership is undoubtedly corrupt (disagree with Bush all you want but I'd take him over anything in Europe ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!), one would think you'd be alot more PROUND of where you come from and where you were born. Ask 99% of Serbs behind closed doors if they'd like to emigrate to USA!!!!!!!!! The "rich get tax cuts" and the typical "Americans are arrogant" is irresponsible, untrue, inacurate, and completely towing the Anti-American line. If you're so happy in Europe and think America is such a pit, STAY IN EUROPE where the taxes are high, amenities pitiful, politicians corrupt, and standard of living is RIDICULOUS!
Post a Comment
<< Home