Denver Restaurant Review: Pho-Fusion Asian
While I was home I checked out a new restaurant run by an old high school friend of mine. It's called Pho-Fusion Asian and the it's one of the new healthy fast food restaurants gaining popularity in Denver.I was so impressed!! The menu includes Vietnamese, Chinese and Thai dishes; the entrees are all healthy and the food wonderfully fresh - nothing like traditional greasy Chinese take-out places. My favorite was the Sesame Chicken with rice and an egg-roll. I also had some delicious shrimp spring rolls which my friend insisted that I'd like - I, of course, did.
For those of you who don't live in Denver, I don't think you'll be waiting long to try Pho-Fusion. This restaurant is destined to become a very popular chain, a la Chipotle (which also started in Denver, hmm, a trend?).
For those of you lucky enough to live close by, I definitely recommend you check it out (even the vegetarians!). While you're there, say "hi" to the owner, Tom Bird, and tell him to email me once in awhile!
Pho-Fusion Asian
8800 E Hampden Ave.
Mon-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 11am-8pm
http://www.phofusion.com/index.htm

16 Comments:
i dont like asian food..except for sushi. beograd
Hi Brooke. Thanks for the reminder. I will check out Tom's restaurant real soon, especially since it is right near my home, and I met Tom that night of your prom when you were looking good in your red dress.....
Denver sure seems like the up and coming place for start up food chains...
MCJ
thanks for the tip! i will tell my bro and sis who live in denver! and i'm hoping to be there over xmas so maybe i'll check it out in person!
hope you're swell!
Went there for lunch, delicious crispy eggrolls, and really fresh vegs. We'll definately go again! Aurora fan.
Yes anonymous from Beograd.
No Serbs like any other food then their own. They cannot accept anything else so better stick to ajvar, kiseli kupus (time to work in the kitchen now!), pleckavica and other boring and fat food. Good luck Beograd!
ME: good point! bravo..u get it now!serbian food only--exactly!
fat food?? oh sorry, chinese food is NO greasy at all! yeah right..anyhow, i am healthy eating serbian food and i look great. cant complain on serbian weight at all..and dont tell me NO SERBS like any other food than their own..bc i do eat other cultures food than serbian, just no asian. i dont like the taste. i only like sushi..i lovvveee sushi. GOOD LUCK ME or should i say MOI?
@anonymous=beograd
no, Chinese food, as Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian and all asian food stuff cannot be greasy! if you ever had greasy Chinese food then you were or in a very bad restaurant or it was a chinese owned by a non-chinese?!
look at the website Brooke put here, the pho-fusion one from Denver. That's it, healthy, lot of vegetables and hardly using fat!
And Serbian food not fat? wow, don't know where you eat, even the breakfasts are fat and greasy! I was in Priboj last week, had to scratch the fat from my omlet za slaninom. terrible!
ME--i dont go to priboj..and i live in belgrade and eat the best food you can imagine..and yes, chinese food is greasy..i dont go to a bad restaurants bc i value food and spend a lot of money on it..do ur research. enough said!
@anonymous=beograd.
ok, you must be right with your points. Because as you say yourself you are good looking, you know how to spent lots of money because you value food. bla-bla.
probably you have a (stolen) BMW with darkened windows, wear sunglasses and a leather jacket?
Me--not at all! but if you want to meet me, i would like that so you can see to whom u re talking..and realize that I am not a stereotype BG girl that u think i am. stubborn yes but yet normal, sweet and nice born and raised belgrade girl. haha :)))
I leave for a few days and y'all start fighting about whether Chinese food is greasy....jeez, people, I guess I'll just have to do some more posts so everyone can yell at each other about something a bit more important....
hahahahahahaha i love this blog! you can eat and talk for all money there is
@anonymous=beograd
wow, you're a girl!!!!!!!! thought you were a man, that's why the BMW and leather jacket.
do not agree at all with you about Asian food because you probably don't know how to prepare. No fat, not greasy! Live now ten years here in Beograd and can only see a few restaurants where they make good food.
me--do you really think that a guy with "a (stolen) BMW with darkened windows, wear sunglasses and a leather jacket"--reads this blog?? anyway, i guess we ll never agree on the chinese/serbian food taste but all i know is that my mother prepares serbian food but with less oil in everything and it is delicious. and i also lived with japanese and chinese people and even they confirmed that chinese food can be/is very greasy. thats all.
The reality is that there are few authentic Chinese restaurants in the US, with exception to NY/SF/LA. The predominant chinese strip mall shop is a poor bastardization of an entire cuisine.
"looking good in your red dress" . . . where are thos pics?
@anonymous
Now we have something we can agree on. You are right, people with sunglasses, BMW's, leather jackets etc, don't read any blog. so I must admit i was wrong there:)
Post a Comment
<< Home