Oh, and I would change my country location in my profile if stupid blogger would catch up with the world and give me a Serbia option in the pull-down menu (although at least Yugoslavia isn't the only option anymore).
well brooke is not as"bad" as rachel is-- her place:federal republic of yugoslavia--has blog www.pustolovina.blogspot.com. She lives in Belgrade and writes as interesting about it as Brooke does. U guys should check it out!
Hello, if you think thats bad its now $6.95 here in the uk or £3.64 per gallon or around 95p per litre (I think I got my maths right and that was at a super market!!!!). We do have one of the highest tax rates on petrol in Europe though - called the fuel escualtor - which is used for social funds but the idea is to keep us on publice transport but as they just doubled some fairs on trains, petrol in comparison is quite cheap!! (its also the cheapest before taxation as we produce oil).
This is a good point as to where the UK is not like the other anglo saxon countries - we are expensive, overcrowded and dont not enough of everything (space, resources, infrastructure....)
In Turkey, per litre: 3,10 YTL (new Turkish Lira) = 2,60 CHF = $2,11 = £ 1,11 !!!! and I'm pretty sure it ain't funding social security, unemployment or pensions here!!!!
The one time I flew from Athens to Belgrade I flew direct on Jat. I don't remember how much it cost, but I assume it was the cheapest because it was direct. You might also want to try Austrian Air or Luftansa since they both have a ton of flights to Belgrade everyday. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion.
I'm on my first married adventure....to Serbia. At the moment I'm a little desperate to find a job, to learn the language and to make friends in my current location. This blog will chronicle my adventures in a foreign land - as well as give me a place to yabber on so that Mike is not tortured with every opinion that I would like to share - although I will try not to torture my readers either! Let me know what you think!
11 Comments:
What does that come to per litre (unleaded, 95 octane, that is)?
Also, isn't it about time you changed your location in your profile from Serbia and Montenegro to just Serbia?
Wow - I'll do my best to stop griping about paying $3.01/gallon when I fill 'er up!
Love the blog - keep posting!
If I remember my calculation correctly, it was 89 dinars per liter for BMB 95 (for the Serbs reading out there).
Oh, and I would change my country location in my profile if stupid blogger would catch up with the world and give me a Serbia option in the pull-down menu (although at least Yugoslavia isn't the only option anymore).
Gas prices in europe are taxed as much as 78% of the retail cost. Its how they fund their social programs.
well brooke is not as"bad" as rachel is-- her place:federal republic of yugoslavia--has blog www.pustolovina.blogspot.com. She lives in Belgrade and writes as interesting about it as Brooke does. U guys should check it out!
Hello, if you think thats bad its now $6.95 here in the uk or £3.64 per gallon or around 95p per litre (I think I got my maths right and that was at a super market!!!!). We do have one of the highest tax rates on petrol in Europe though - called the fuel escualtor - which is used for social funds but the idea is to keep us on publice transport but as they just doubled some fairs on trains, petrol in comparison is quite cheap!! (its also the cheapest before taxation as we produce oil).
This is a good point as to where the UK is not like the other anglo saxon countries - we are expensive, overcrowded and dont not enough of everything (space, resources, infrastructure....)
Dave
In Turkey, per litre:
3,10 YTL (new Turkish Lira) =
2,60 CHF = $2,11 = £ 1,11 !!!!
and I'm pretty sure it ain't funding social security, unemployment or pensions here!!!!
thomas friedman sucks.
brooke and others, do you know the cheapest way--airplane ticket to get from athens to belgrade? thanx
The one time I flew from Athens to Belgrade I flew direct on Jat. I don't remember how much it cost, but I assume it was the cheapest because it was direct. You might also want to try Austrian Air or Luftansa since they both have a ton of flights to Belgrade everyday. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion.
Post a Comment
<< Home