I have a lint problem
Alright I need your help. If anyone out there has a combination washer/dryer machine, will you please tell me how to get rid of all the lint build-up? There is no place it's collected (I've read the entire manual and even checked the same type of machine out at the store to see if I've got a part missing). I have a feeling that the makers of the machine think any lint build-up from the previous drying will just wash away in the next wash, but it doesn't!! When I put my sweaters in to wash it on the "wool cycle" they end up full of disgusting lint because it's just stuck in there and it floats out whenever I use such a gentle cycle like the wool cycle.I have tried cleaning the bit out of the rubber door seal, but I know that there is a ton more that I can't get to. Does anyone have any suggestions?
(and for those American's reading - no, i'm not talking about a washer dryer where there are two seperate units stacked on top of each other, I'm talking about one small machine that actually does both washing and drying)

8 Comments:
usually a rent owner asks what kind of machine would u like him/her to buy for u to use/to put in ur apt..europeans always tell them to have seperate washer and dryer machine..i cant believe u have that stupid w/d machine in one..yes, they are a bit popular here but i dont like them..they always cause problems while washing and drying..my advice: get rid of it and get other two. sorry..
italians did..
Dear Brooke,
I have the same thing here in the UK... it's become fashionable all over Europe, because it's compact. I wonder why they don't make american- style washing machines with the built-in dryer on the top. I've had one of those in the Sates, and they're simpler and also don't take up much space.
However, what works best for the sweaters...try turning them inside-out when you wash them and shake them a bit after the wash to get the worst stuff off.
The dryer is awfull too, in takes forever to dry a single load...
We have the Frigidaire (unbelievable - may well be one of the few things still made in USA :), and there's a wire mesh net in the door where the lint should gather. And yes, it's the stacked type, with the dryer on top.
But for these Italian ones... maybe you should check the water filter. I remember our old machine (just washer) had one accessible from the front side. It wasn't hard to get out and clean.
I'd love to help you out but I will answer your question with a question of my own.
Does anybody know how to get rid of the dust / material that has gathered in my gorenje washing machine? Usually there is some part you take out where the fluff has built up but I cant find it... :(
I don't have an answer for Brooke or BG Anon but I'll raise you a question : I also have a combo machine like Brooke, but my problem is the fabric softener dispenser is clogged. I've been trying to manually unclog it, I've poured in boiling water, soaked it with vinegar, but it's still clogged! Anyone? -- formerly anonexpat
I have LG TROMM WD 123.. something. I'm in love with that w/d machine. 1200 rpm, 7kg, full digital, shinig in dark,...
Problem is that you must to take some clothes out from machine before drying (clothing+water is hevier than 7kg), and drying takes all the nice scent of, of, of... omeksivac, how to say on english - softner.
try buying some epsom salts ( 2-3 tablespoons) (diluted with about a litre of warm water)
and pouring it in the same place where your detergent goes..and put the machine on for a ordinary wash cycle.( with nothing in it!)
jsut this dilution
this should clean out all the crap.
if that fails check to see if there is a compartment that opens that collects all the lint.. u should clean this out regularly... to delint the clothes.
but if you have a washer that has an agitator then there is little u can do as this agrevates the lint problem.. due to agitating the clothes against
the agitator which promotes piling..
Post a Comment
<< Home