Photos of NATO bombed buildings in Belgrade
One of my fellow Balkan bloggers (The Native Speaker - link on the right) recently had a link on his blog to pictures of two of the NATO bombed buildings that continue to stand in the city of Belgrade. I do not know why these buildings have not yet been torn down, perhaps they serve as a reminder of both the brutality the Serbs suffered under NATO and a reminder of the anti-reform era that Serbia should never return. (I have also heard that they remain standing because they still contain unexploded ordinance which the US government refuses to clean-up - I have no idea if this is true).Anyway, since most of you won't be visiting Serbia and therefore can't see these buildings for yourself, I have placed a link on the right to the pictures.
When you look at them, remember, these buildings are in one of the busiest parts of the city, and only a few blocks from the US embassy. Totally insane, no?

2 Comments:
Don't know if this is true, but I heard they're still up because no one has the money to knock them down.
Amazing, was that 1999?
Post a Comment
<< Home