Monday, December 12, 2005

Rejection City

I have looked for a job before, and I remember that it was annoying and I had to deal with some rejection. However, my job search here in Serbia is giving rejection a whole new meaning. I find that I am being rejected without being talked to or even considered for positions. Maybe I have developed some serious B.O. or something - but I really think Mike would have mentioned that to me. Or maybe they consider unempolyment a disease here because it seems like no one even wants to get near me.

However, today's rejection is, by far, my favorite. I called an English language institute to see if they need native English speakers as teachers. I was told by the receptionist that they only need English teachers who speak Serbian. Sounds like a great place to learn - because I like to learn languages from people who don't actually know how to speak them!?

So now, it's official. I've been rejected by a receptionist who thinks I can't communicate in English.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but how do you expect to find a job in Serbia without speaking Serbian? Just because you speak English does not mean that you are qualified for a job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home