Expose!
In my first foray into investigative reporting, I find myself torn between friendship and my responsibility to blog-readers everywhere. But, after many sleepless nights, I realized that I must report that I have discovered a fraud being perpetrated by Brad's "Happy Hour in Paradise" blog (see link to the right).This witty blog chronicles the Tufts graduate's adventures on the Miami party scene. He describes his blog this way:
A chronicle of my adventures as a twenty-something guy
searching for the meaning to life, the universe and everything.
(emphasis added)
However, that innocent-sounding blurb ignores the fact that on Wednesday, September 28, 2005, his own blog trumpeted his departure from his 20s:
The B-Rad turns 30!
Today is my Birthday! Yay! I was born 30 years ago today. I find that very exciting!
"There's nothing wrong with being a 30 year old party animal," says one acquaintance who insisted on anonymity for fear of Brad's wrath. "But pretending you're still 29? Does that work on women anymore?"
"Brad's 30? That's hot," exclaimed Paris Hilton, a regular on Brad's social circuit.
Even Brad's pool-shark friend, Jamie Foxx (yes, the one from the movies), was shocked and saddend at Brad's apparent denial of the truth, "Man, they have detox centers for guys like him to get over their addiction to being in their twenties, I don't know why he just doesn't reach out for some help!"
Another anonymous friend declared "He must be getting soft in his old age. What was once a hard-core party blog has now devolved into a kitty cat photo album."
Reports that the Miami blogger altered his drivers license have yet to be verified.
As one who recently went to the other side of the hill, I am offended by such shameless efforts to pretend people are younger than they are. We should all embrace being 30-somethings. And we all know that the ladies love an older man with a little grey in his chest hair...... :)
"Brad's 30? That's hot," exclaimed Paris Hilton, a regular on Brad's social circuit.
Even Brad's pool-shark friend, Jamie Foxx (yes, the one from the movies), was shocked and saddend at Brad's apparent denial of the truth, "Man, they have detox centers for guys like him to get over their addiction to being in their twenties, I don't know why he just doesn't reach out for some help!"
Another anonymous friend declared "He must be getting soft in his old age. What was once a hard-core party blog has now devolved into a kitty cat photo album."
Reports that the Miami blogger altered his drivers license have yet to be verified.
As one who recently went to the other side of the hill, I am offended by such shameless efforts to pretend people are younger than they are. We should all embrace being 30-somethings. And we all know that the ladies love an older man with a little grey in his chest hair...... :)

1 Comments:
Outrage! I am shocked that a member of the Blogging community would be so flagrantly fraudulent! I have noticed some other faults in this guy.
First, are you even a blogger if you upate once a month? Ridiculous! I can only assume that he is so busy partying that he can't get to a computer. I will say that when he does post it is usually witty and well written. clearly he is a genius , which would be evident if he applied himself even a little.
B of all, The Kitten post was terrible. He may have jumped the shark with that one. I will give Happy Hour one more chance based only on the prevoius record of fascinating stories and celebrity sightings. He relly does lead a fun and exciting life down there! Too bad we all can't be so lucky.
In conclusion he must be a lazy genius or something. I can't figure him out, but he should be ashamed about blatantly lying about his age like that! Brooke keep up the good work and keep those exposes coming!
Post a Comment
<< Home