I'm choking on your smoke!!
Here is my message to the smokers of Belgrade (which is about 80% of the population above the age of 15):Yuck, yuck, yuck. I feel like I have aged 10 years just sitting next to you in your smoke filled cafes, riding in taxis while the driver is smoking, walking behind you while you blow that disgusting filth from your lungs. What the hell is wrong with you people? I know you know that smoking is bad for you - it says it in giant letters on the side of your cigarette package. And yet, you continue to puff on your cancer sticks as if your life depended on it. I mean, I know you all have been through a rougher time than I can ever imagine, but do you really want to make your life any more difficult with all that hacking and weezing? I can't fricking taste my food at your resturants cause your damn smoke is filling my nostrils. And my poor clothes can't take being washed so often because they stink from simply wearing them at the bus stop where I have to stand next to you while you suck down your smoke sticks. It's as if the 15 minute bus ride without smoking will cause you more pain than the eventual lung cancer that will torture you for the last few years of your life. I mean seriously, the rest of us are just trying to breathe and keep our newly washed hair from stinking like an ashtray. Perhaps I should just shave my head and save some money on fruity smelling shampoo since the stench of my own hair keeps me awake at night. It is no longer the 1950's - the rest of us have realized how uncool it is to smoke, and I know you are very attune to the coolness of everything American so why can't you just pick up one more of our habits and quit? As someone with relatively healthy lungs, I feel that I am being discriminated against - but in this case I really wish I had my own bathrooms, resturants, taxis, etc. Seriously, why can't you be society's pariahs like smokers are in the US? Can you imagine how much more money you would have to spend on food, clothes, movies, cars or anything else if you weren't spending it on those damn cancer-sticks everyday? You might even be able to afford the Nicorette gum that is "too expensive." Please, please, for the health of your country, your kids, and my lungs, please take it outside because I'm choking on your bad habit!

1 Comments:
Thanks for this wonderful blog Brooke! I appreciated this one so much that I had to show my roommate and she thought it was awesome! We were both just complaining a few weeks ago that when we went out to the bar we're having to take showers at 2am to get the freaking smoke smell out of our hair which means you have to shampoo at least 2 or 3 times to get that NASTY smell out (I REFUSE to go to bed smelling like smoke because then my throat hurts the next morning and I feel like crap. That would also mean I then have to wash my sheets and pillowcases that I just slept on because once I smell it gets all over my bedding!) I also have to not put my nasty smoke smelling clothes in the basket with the rest of the dirty clothes because the basket is in my closet and if I put nasty smelling clothes in it my whole closet reaks! I agree with your "what's wrong with people" statement, no joke, we all know it now kills you and it also severly effects even those who don't smoke. But the rest of non-smokers shouldn't be punished for wanting to go out to eat or go out to a club, especially those of us with asthma like me! Not only do I have to shower when I get home but it effects my health even though I chose not to smoke for obvious reasons. I'm all for cities banning smoking in public establishments I just wish my city would get a clue but some of the new bars in town are and I am overjoyed!
~Summer
Post a Comment
<< Home