Random business ideas
So by now everyone knows that I'm getting quite tired of sitting around waiting for some company to pick up my resume, realize how great I am and hire me right away. So here are my latest day-dreams of work I can do:1. Open a Dunkin Donuts franchise. I really think they would go for it here. They love sweet breads, so it really won't be a strech for them to like donuts. And really, have you ever met a human being that didn't like donuts? And even though I don't drink coffee (because the taste is gross), I have heard the coffee at Dunkin Donuts is very sweet - which would probably be a nice change to the coffee here (which I've heard described as "sludge"). The only problem with this idea would be having to get up early cause "I gotta make the donuts."
2. Open a Subway sandwich franchise. I love Subway sandwiches. And they already eat sandwiches here, so it wouldn't be a big stretch either. And once they tasted those yummy Subway cookies they wouldn't know what hit them!
3. Open just one decent hotel or bed and breakfast. Every hotel in the city is still owned and run by the government, which means that they are all old, dilapidated and expensive. There is one Hyatt and one Inter-Contiental on the edge of town, but even those are 51% owned by the government. There has got to be a way around this and I could make a fortune hosting all the ex-pats that come through town.
4. Open a parking garage downtown. They are desperate for parking (and they take sidewalk parking to a new level) in such a congested area. I am sure there are some people that would pay for parking.
5. IKEA. They are in desperate need of a DIY furniture store (or maybe I'm in desperate need of a DIY furniture store). I have been looking for a simple, plain bookshelf the entire time I've been here and can not seem to find a plain-old bookshelf.
6. Chipotle. I LOVE Chipotle so that means everyone else will too, right? Not sure about their love for beans though.....
So now I just need to find someone with a few hundred thousand dollars lying around to bankroll my ideas......anyone got a rich uncle?

3 Comments:
The department store in Beogradanka has plain bookshelves (that's the department store next to the Student Cultural Center if you're not sure-- I have no idea how long you've been in Belgrade). Also there is a shop called Bambi (it's one of many such shops in town, I'm sure) that resells IKEA and if they don't have it in their (tiny) store you can order whatever you want from the catalog and they'll get it for you, with an extra percentage (10 to 20% added on of course). If you want any further details let me know!
If you opened Dunkin' Donuts I would go. :)
As for me I'd open a shop that sells nothing but index cards and looseleaf notebook paper.
Fraid I'm not a fan of doughnuts, so you have met at least one human being who isn't! But maybe donuts are different to doughnuts....?! Amy xx
Didn't Belgrade use to have an IKEA store, back in the late 80s early 90s? Think it was the first one in eastern Europe.
Post a Comment
<< Home