Serbs like PB&J and Chocolate Chip Cookies
So our party on friday night was a huge success. I finally got to know people in Mike's office (my favorite people were the single men that were all getting booty-calls on their cell phones and teasing each other about them). The snacks we served were also very popular, especially the bite sized PB&J sandwiches and the chocolate chip cookies (and for those of you that didn't think I could actually cook....yo he aprendido muchas cosas desde el Camino Inca ;). The least popular food was the veggies and ranch dip - even though Mike agreed that the ranch dressing was quite yummy. A huge thanks to everyone that sent me ideas/recipes (sorry Ali and Steve, I couldn't find either dried onions or cheez-whiz).The party was also a big success because it served as an unexpected "stock the bar" party. We had bought two cases of beer and a few bottles of the usual hard stuff and a few bottles of wine. By the end of the night we had 3 new bottles of Scotch, 3 bottles of the local moonshine (90-proof - which, of course, the men love and the women hate - I obligingly hated it), and our wine cabinet has now exploded from 3 bottles of wine to 12. We certainly should have more parties!!! The IT guy even showed up with his own case of beer at which point I said to Mike "Jay has arrived!!" (only those of you that came to our BBQ's will get that).
All in all it was a great party and I think I made a pretty good impression on Mike's staff. And I even learned how to say "booty call" in Serbian (not like I need that phrase, but I want to be prepared to teach my friend Brad when he comes to visit).

3 Comments:
Brooke,
sabía que ibas a responder a mi broma respecto de la comida del Camino del Inca y me alegro que te hayas lucido en la fiesta!! Me parece que voy a copiar tu idea respecto del hecho de organizar una fiesta en casa para rellenar mi bodega, el poblema es que en Cba. nuncasobra nada.. se chupan hasta el agua de la perra!! ya sabés como es la cosa por acá..
Awesome! Nicely done. I'll be there for St. Patricks day. that should be a ripping good party! Serbian for booty call is...
I understand chocolate chip cookies and beer are great!!!! I personally havent tried this so Mike when you try it let me know.
Post a Comment
<< Home