I have cold feet!!!!
Literally, not figuratively. It finally turned cold in Belgrade - I knew last week's 70 degree weather was too good to be true. And the onset of winter can only mean one thing - that the blood in my body has traveled north for the winter. Only my mother can truly understand this phenomenon since she has the same problem, but when I tell you that my feet will be cold for the next 5 months, I am not exaggerating. And I know what you're thinking, "yeah, my feet get cold sometimes in the winter too." You are clearly not understanding my situation. We are talking about a cold that has the power to hamper my ability to do anything but rub my feet; to change my entire outlook on life to one consumed by finding warmth; to prevent me from ever venturing out to my beloved market and instead eat nothing but stale bread; and to doom me to a life of watching reruns of Spongebob Squarepants in Russian. It's a kind of perpetual torture that can only be likened to listening to Jefferson Starship's "We Built this City on Rock and Roll" all day, every day, for the next 5 months.And yes, for all you smart-alecs out there, I AM ALREADY WEARING SOCKS AND SLIPPERS.

7 Comments:
Ah, Brooke...I have had a rather stressful day. It is so nice to end it with laughter! We are living this adventure vicariously through you and also learning a whole lot we didn't know about our daughter-in-law!! Such fun! The best remedy for cold feet is a warm husband!
Yea, I found a way to get back on...I can't remember my password, but the blog accepts "anonymous"....story of my life :)
Susie
Have you ever tried battery powered socks?????????
Battery powered socks? Yeah, I'll put that on my list to find here, right after a measuring cup and tortillas. But until then, you'll just have to do, hehehehehe.
Brooke - maybe they let you wear ugly white sweat socks w/ black loafers there. That should warm your feet right up Are your $150 shoes not that warm? - hehehe
lizzie
Brooke:
If they have a store with hunter/fisherperson equipment - they might have the battery powered socks.
Brooke, great story, and, by the way, the song you alluded to is one of my favorite and very "danceable." Keep reporting on your and Mike's fabulous adventures; they keep us smiling and laughing. Can't wait for Mike's next posting, as well as the daily blog. ATK
Post a Comment
<< Home