Anniversary special: Multiply Orgasm
I know what you're thinking...that I spelled that wrong, but that's how it was written on the menu at the fancy bar that Mike and I went to after our 1 year wedding anniversary dinner. Wait, I'll back up and tell the story from the beginning.So for those of you that don't remember (that probably includes everyone but our mothers), November 6 marked Mike and my first wedding anniversary (awwww). So Mike asked around and everyone told him that we must go to the best (and most expensive) resturant in town called, Langoust, to celebrate. So Saturday night we got dressed up and went. It was really good seafood and Mike and I ate appitizers, dinner and drank a bottle of imported Argentine wine (our favorite). The bill came to $85 (this is the nicest, most expensive resturant in town - if you want an idea of how cheap everything is here).
After dinner, we were still in excellent moods and so we decided to find one of these fancy bars that we'd heard so much about in the New York Times 'Belgrade Rocks' article. Well, we found one. It was a fabulous place with live lounge singers and all the classiest Serbs in town (and a few American men desperately trying to pick up some out-of-their-league Serbian women in the table next to us). We were determined to spend at least $100 on our annaversary, so Mike ordered the best Scotch they had and I checked the drinks menu to find a yummy, sweet after-dinner drink. I settled on the 'Mulitply Orgasm.' We also had choclate, nut pancakes (they LOVE pancakes here - although they are more like crepes than pancakes we're used to).
It was a great way to celebrate our one year of marriage (yay us!). And in lieu of gifts to each other, we have decided to buy a car (against Mike's better judgement). I'm sure I'll post a picture of the car when we actually buy it since it will be the first car I/we have ever bought!
BTW - while I was writing this, our maid pulled me into the kitchen to explain that the powder that I thought was dishwashing powder for the dishwasher was actually tub and tile cleaner. Greeeeat. She has gone to the market to buy me the correct stuff. The tip we will be paying the maid just keeps going up and up.

5 Comments:
Happy Anniversary from the Manns. Love the blog, allows us to live vicariously through you from Smalbany!
Brooke,
your blog keeps me laughing out loud at work. I know I should be working but I can't help but check your entries. Good thing because today has been awful and you just gave me a good laugh. Hey, at least your dishes were getting clean one way or another, right?! Happy Anniversary by the way!
Happy Anniversary! I thought you title was describing your 1 year celebration, not a drink! Please buy a Serbian made car. It's got to be done. I'll be out there soon to hit on serbian women way out of my league. (If that's even poosible)
A Happy Belated Anniversary. ATK
Happy Belated Anniversary!! What a great way to spend your 1st anniversary that you will always remember. It is a great story to tell your kids...hmmm..kids....???
:-) jenny
Post a Comment
<< Home