Thursday, November 10, 2005

I've become a discount store junkie

Mike has threatened to do a guest blog and tell you all about my new obsession, but I believe it's better if you hear it from me first:

I love the 85 dinara store (dinara is the Serbian currency and 85D is about $1.10).

85 dianara stores are on every street corner and they have everything!!! Seriously, everything and I love them! And it's the only store that I walk into that someone doesn't immediately come up to me and start asking if they can help me in Serbian (which is a relief since I tend to freeze up and forget how to say, 'no thank you' every time). I can just walk in and get lost in the crowd of people all checking out the new and exciting merchandise at the 85 dinara store. These are much better than the dollar stores in the US. You can buy much better stuff that would cost you $7-$10 at a Wal-Mart. Today I bought serving bowls and trays (for our party) and a can opener, and spice canisters, a pack of 200 fancy toothpicks, 2 ashtrays (yuck, I hate smoking, but I'd rather the guests at our party ash into a tray on the balcony than on my balcony), and a special hanger for Mike's belts. See how much good stuff you can get? And there is always something new at the 85 dinara store. Mike is always thrilled to see all the new stuff I've bought. Right Mike?

So there you have it, I've become a discount store junkie and I'm not ashamed of it. Humpf!

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

I just found your blog and I'm so psyched to get to read all about your Serbian adventures! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an American living in Belgrade since October and I love the 85 dinar stores, too. Every time I pass a new one I have to stop in and see what they have!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home