Thursday, June 29, 2006

"Children's Beer?"


At a BBQ hosted by Andrea's boyfriend and his two kids, Andrea asked me what I would like to drink, "Beer, wine or kid's beer?"

"Excuse me? Kid's beer? Since when do kids drink beer?"

Well, apparently in Germany, the land of Oktoberfest and the St. Pauli Girl, they make a sort of non-alcoholic "starter beer" so that kids can learn to enjoy the taste of beer at an early age. Isn't that cute?

7 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had all kinds of beers when i was a kid in belgrade..just we dont even have to label it as a kids beer. hehe it is ok to have it. brooke, what is ur email address that we can contact u with? i left a comment about argentina on a topic chearing for them in the worldcup--i have some Qs i would like to ask u. thanx, i.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Hi i - I don't like to put my email on my blog for the whole world to see, but if you want to put yours up there then I can write you back...sorry :(

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke..yeah i was crying today too..they were so good!! yes, i understand that putting here an email address might be a problem..but then i thought since people already write these blogs, they probably dont have a problem being bit "public"..and i also thought u would have some random email adr. for junk or people like me to contact u :)))

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we Middle Americans don't think "childrens beer" is a good idea! Why do the Germans?

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because beer is quite nutritious. Before obesity bacame a problem, feeding the children was an issue.

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to a party a week ago and my daughter had her first glass of beer - with no alcohol of course. She loved it. I guess it's her combo of half Serb, part German, living in Canada that made her love it so much. Or is it that she is 6 and anything sorta taboo is fun lol?

Non-alcholic beer - is that the same as "children's beer"?

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, here's the girl with the kids-beer...! Well, I'm thrilled that kids-beer is so amazing to you guys and I just would like to explain to you what it is... this kind of beer is made from malt and contains 0 % of alcohol. The taste is different to what you consider as beer, it's sweet, somehow a kind of coca-cola with a bit of foam on it. You should taste it, even grown-ups like the taste and it's refreshing on a hot and sunny day... and Ferdi says that it is even healthy considering the ingredients (very effective for sportsmen as it provides energy very quickly to the body).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home