Wednesday, May 31, 2006

You think gas is expensive in the US?

You Americans...you think you have it so tough. I just paid $3.31 for a gallon of gas today while the average cost for a gallon of gas in the US is still a measly $2.86.

You guys don't know how good you have it!

4 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it really is getting ridiculous, but europe has the worst gas prices I've ever seen. We paid between $8-$9 a gallon in Scotland last summer (doing the conversion since they obviously don't use "gallons" in europe).

when I was in hawaii recentley we paid $3.22 the day we arrived and 10 days later it had gone up to $3.67 (seriously, people in states such as hawaii need to learn what the word "bicycle" means until we can find a cheaper alternative to fuel.)

I'm suprised Serbia isn't more expensive for gas considering.....

your favorite cousin ;) j/k!
~summer

 
At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you miscalculated something here. Gasoline in Serbia is around 98 dinars per liter which makes it 5.4 dollars per gallon, and 4.1 dollars for the cheapest diesel fuel.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just point out that british petrol prices are so high because the government uses it to try to reduce traffic and air pollution, and thus making public transport the cheaper option. (We are also an oil producing nation remember!) Its also part of an attempt to make us buy fuel efficient cars etc..

Dave

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason Serbia's gas prices are cheap relative to does of other European countries is because our government subsidizes the price of fuel in Serbia. Our prices are cheaper than anywhere in Europe, same thing with the price of electricity in Serbia where the price a 1/3 of market prices in neighboujring countries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home