Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bold? Crazy?

Some might call me a bold and daring woman - others just think I'm crazy - but what I'm about to tell you could shock you. You might lie awake at night wondering how I will manage. If you are faint at heart, I suggest you stop reading now because my actions could cause you to gasp with fear.....

I am putting away all my wool sweaters for the spring. **GASP**

I know that many of you think I'm foolish to do this so early. And some of you predict my downfall if we get a late snow storm in April. But, my dear readers, that is a risk I'm willing to take.

You see, I love my wool sweaters - love them like the protective family they have been for so many cold grey Eastern European months - but like family, sometimes you just need a break (no, not like you Mike, I always want to spend more time with you - more like my brother - who never reads my blog so I don't feel bad insulting him on it...hehehehe).

The next few days will be spent carefully hand-washing and "lying flat to dry" and then, it will be over. I will bid them adieu until next October, when I excitedly remember how much protection that they can give me against the cold, grey Eastern European weather.

Please don't be afraid for me. Just realize that sometimes, in a woman's life, she just has to strike out and assert her independence - and sometimes, she will have to learn from the consequences.


**For those of you who are planning to call the Embassy and warn them of my impending doom, please know that as a good Colorado girl, I NEVER pack away the Gortex, so I am actually in no danger -from anything - because I think Gortex can even stop bullets.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW,I can hear the whining now. You are bringing this one on yourself! IT IS TOO EARLY!!! Don't say that I didn't warn you!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Watch out for those pesky moths!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home