Thursday, March 09, 2006

Belgrade Restaurant Review: Dju - dju

As many of you know, one of my favorite meals is sushi and, for the past five months, I have been lamenting my lack of access to quality sushi. However, today, everything has changed - I have found Belgrade's only excellent sushi restaurant!!!!!!!!!

Now I know that there are some not-so-excellent sushi restaurants in this city, but I have to say that I love-LOVE (that's the highest ranking) Dju - Dju.

Our dinner started with miso soup, which was served exactly as it is in America (I've never been to Japan so I can't say if it's authentic but it was sure tasty). Then we had the sashimi platter which gave us an excellent foray into the variety of fish they had to offer. We then ordered a selection of nigiri and rolls - soooo yum!!! The meal was fantastic; exactly what I had been missing! And the desert - the fruit platter (with artfully carved fruit) dipped in chocolate sauce - delicious!!!

If you've never had sushi, or if you're missing it terribly, I have to recomend Dju - dju (pronounced jew-jew) as the best sushi restaurant in Belgrade (they also had a wide variety of cooked japanese dishes too). Maybe I'll see you there because we're definitely going back!

Dju - Dju
Rige od Fere 16 (that's in Stari Grad, only a couple of blocks from Kalemegdan)
www.djudju.co.yu

5 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I now know what I'm going to have for dinner.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Well I guess Tirana's lagging behind Belgrade. There are no Sushi bars here but at least we do have a quasi Thai restaurant.

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it beats Ikki 'Arkans' son's sushi bar then?

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

I don't know anything about Arkans sushi bar...where is that?

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gospodar Jovanova 46, 2184-183,
He's got nothing with his father "buisness".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home