How can I follow that?
I haven't blogged in a few days because I am finding it very difficult to follow my last post. I mean, nothing else seems all that relavant or important when I compare it to the life-or-death struggle that Jill is going through right now. I started to write a blog about how I need a break, just a small break, from the cold grey of Eastern Europe, but really, wouldn't Jill love to worry about something so mundane as the weather? I thought maybe I could whine about my last job interview (shh, don't tell my volunteer job that I am still interviewing for paid jobs). Interviews, in general, are such a humiliating experience, and this last one was certainly one of the most messed up that I've had (Apparently I was supposed to memorize their website and regurgitate facts and figures in the form of an verbal exam). But really, wouldn't Jill be overjoyed to be whining about some dumb interview?As you can tell, I have been thinking about Jill a lot these days. I promise to get back to my usual musings soon, because the everyday stuff is what makes life so fun - something that I only tend to remember when something happens to remind me of that.
And as my friend Annie's grandmother once said to me as she dove into the freezing cold ocean off the coast of Rhode Island, "The cold reminds me that I'm still alive!!" (yeah, I guess that's true but, damn, so does 70 degrees and sunshine!!)

1 Comments:
Brooke:
We are all praying for Jill and hopefully she will be released soon.
I know hard it must be on you - keep a stiff upper lip.
Big Mike
Post a Comment
<< Home