Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You get a 3 month reprieve from my whining...

because I finally got that volunteer position as an Advocacy Advisor!!

I start work on Monday. Yay! And even though it's only volunteer and only lasts 3 months, it will certainly fulfill my need to do something productive with my time. I will be working for an American NGO that is funding a bunch of local non-profits. My job will be to help 3 different non-profits to improve their advocacy skills - like lobbying the government, communicating with the press, and building a bigger constituency.

I am hoping that I will be able to parlay this experience into a full time, PAID, job, but either way, it will certainly give me the field experience that I have been looking for. The position ends on April 15th, so please continue to send me any good job leads, otherwise I will be forced to head to the Croatian coast and become a beach-bum this summer.

And don't worry, just because I have a job doesn't mean that I won't continue to whine about my inability to communicate, how cold it is in Eastern Europe, or how the Bush administration is probably spying on me (and you)- it just means you don't have to hear about my boredom for the next 3 months. Yay!

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Thank Goodness for small favors!

Congratulations. I can't wait to hear all about it.

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Brooke.This opportunity sounds like a great stepping stone. You know that I truly believe in the power of volunteering.
Save May for my visit and start sending some info on good priced flights..
MCJ

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could not be happier for you!!!!
ps. Tell us about Prague!

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps. that was me (Claudia) - you've been gone for so long that I can't remember my account!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home